Skip navigation

This evening I printed out a sheet of my “Slits Round” design (like I said, I need better names for this stuff), and tried my hand at cutting it out.

Setting up:

Screen capture

The first test

I found that I’d been wrong about horizontal strokes. I drew them curved side facing down, but the more natural curving motion is to cut with the curve facing up, butting frol left to right.

Close up of cutting

more cutting

The artist at work:

The artist at work

Finished product:

all done

I found also that at this size, many of the letters felt rather skimpy. I might want to fatten them up. Also, I ought to try them with paint and see how they work in the field.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: